Monday, March 17, 2014

Huntsville Homesick

Last Wednesday night we learned the sad news that Chris's grandpa had experienced a severe stroke. While he has had a great deal of health problems over the years, I think everyone was a bit surprised something happened so suddenly. We quickly got on the phone with Delta and flew out to Huntsville early the next morning. Thankfully we had a great friend and my aunt to look after our animals!

We don't know exactly what is going to happen or when, so we decided that I would fly home last night in order to continue with my work studies and Chris would stay a few more days to help support his family. These situations are so difficult. It's difficult as the wife to see your husband and his family in such distress, but I can tell prayers have been coming our way. God has a way of blessing us with grace and strength during these times. After I typed this post up yesterday Chris called to say that his grandfather has made significant improvement since I left. They are looking into options for rehab since he has passed the swallow test!

We haven't been back to Huntsville since October when we sold our house, and even though the circumstances aren't the best, all the feelings of why I loved the city rushed back to me as we drove down 565. There are rolling hills and rockets, laughable "traffic", and incredible restaurants. I'm thankful for the gentle reminder that we are always welcome in Huntsville.

It sucks to hang out in the hospital, but this view was incredible. 
We took a break by riding on the monorail tram with Chris's grandma, Kay. 
I had to snap this photo when I saw "like father, like son." These two crack me up. 
Like I said, can't get enough of the rockets!

3 comments:

  1. We have such amazing memories of going to Huntsville. Heather told me last night that things are looking up! that is wonderful. We will continue to pray for him.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thoughts and prayers for continued recovery. As you know, these things can take time, but God is there to help it along. Aunt Vicki

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love my memories of Huntsville. Thank you for them. Our prayer are for all of you.

    ReplyDelete